At Holly Mount we plan our curriculum in Phase teams to ensure learning is fun, exciting, progressive and allows each child to reach their potential.
- Our Catholic faith is at the heart of everything we do. We teach RE lessons to learn about religion and find out what we can learn from religion in the way we live and treat others. We us 'The Way, the Truth & the Life' scheme.
- Our topics are led by History or Geography and will also cover Art, DT, Computing and Music. Homework tasks will continue to be based on the topic theme. Please continue with the very high standard we have seen!
- Science will be taught as a stand-alone subject through our new 'Switched on Science' Scheme.
- As well as using netbooks and ipads as research tools in topic lessons, there will also be a discrete Computing lesson which will deliver key skills to match the new curriculum.
- All children have a weekly PE lesson with Mr. Grundy who teaches the Games part of the curriculum. The class teacher will teach gymnastics, dance and athletics in the second PE lesson. Year 5 & 6 children attend a block of swimming lessons at Castle Leisure. Outdoor Adventurous Activities take place for Year 5 at Burrs and Year 6 during a 3-day residential at Robinwood.